Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mac OS X 86 on My SONY Vaio VGN-CS15GN/B

My SONY VAIO CS runs on a intel mobile GM 45 chpiset, which I found quiet compatible with OSx86. And I decided to give a shoot.

THe following features are still now configured properly

-) I am not able to get my WiFi and lan card working (reason is both uses sone new generation chips)

-) i have only 1024 x 768 resolution. this means i don't have proper driver for display yet, which is intel HD 4100


everything else looks g8 as of now !


*) I used a USB wireless Card from Aztech for network access



+) I settled on iPC 10.5.6 universal for this venture.

+) For a success full installtion be patient and read all the text in all installation scrren


When I installed first from the DVD, after first reboot , keyboard and mouse was not working, after few trial and error I found that installing PS2 patch will solve the problem, and the great thing is, the dvd itself contains a good number of drivers and patches and we can select those during installation (Make sure you read every note in the install screens). So during installation I opted for customizing installation and selected PS2 keyboard patch (I notcied during my trials that this will also give life to your mouse for free).

That is it .. I am in

Note : as oer iPC doc for first boot pass "-f" boot parameter

but the main concern was bot my lan card and wifi not detected. I tried for few days but no success... and started thinking of other alternatives. one of my colleague healed me with an Aztech wireless USB card. Again my initial attempts to make the device works failed, and one day morning i got link

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.8

In the above link search for "Aztech" , you can see the details

ZyDAS ZD1211 drivers will work for Aztech. and I am in action I got my wireless network connected....ya hoo...

Then I googled bit and learned what is DMG and what is kext and how to install an app in osx.

kext : is actually a folder treated as file which contains kernel module/device driver
I found a utility called Kext Helper which is easy to install kexts

DMG : is just an archive which can be mounted as drive

installing app from DMG : Drag the application file from DMG drive to the Application folder

After all these I tried to find an appropriate driver for my display so that i can switch to a wide screen resolution. But I wasn't able to find a solution for this....( Please help me if you have one!!)

now i decided to fix my Audio and in most of forums were disappointing and finally I landed on a oss project at google code which was exactly what I was looking for

http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/

the above project provides kext for intel audio HDA and it worked like a charm....

playing a movie: I installed my ever time mate Mplayer and installed the codec pack...i tried playing a 720p video and it played well even with my un-configured display card, then i tried and 1020p and i am not happy with result..how can expect to play that with a default mode display!!


That is it.. I am here...

I have 3 things pending....

getting my wifi and Lan card working and improving my display resolution....

Thanks
Sriraman
comments : sriraman.moments@gmail.com


That is it...hear I am ..


even with

No comments:

Post a Comment